Have you written a children's book? Congratulations!
Over the years I've been lucky enough to meet a number of aspiring authors. I've noticed that certain questions come up again and again in my conversations with them. Here are some of my answers, based strictly on my own experiences and opinions.
I'm no expert, so please don't take my word for things! Check out the opinions of other authors, agents and publishers. You can find find them in the books and websites on the How Can I Learn More? page.
Warning: Some of the facts may surprise you!
1. Where should I send my manuscript?
2. How (and how much) does a children's writer get paid?
3. Do I need an agent?
4. How can I get an editor to notice my work?
5. Will you read my manuscript?
6. How can I find an illustrator for my book?
7. How can I learn more?