Here's some information on the courses I teach currently or have in the recent past. If you have questions about any of these materials, please let me know.
- I am on sabbatical for the 2020-21 school year and will not be teaching, or taking on any new students for the year.
(w/ some links to previous syllabi; sorted by recency)
- Social Network Analysis (2014, 2016),G, 1-2 (2013-17),* (2016-17, 19-20)+
- Diffusion: How Things Spread (2020)U, 1
- Social & Behavioral Determinants of Health (2014),G,1 (2016, 2017, 2020)U, 1
- Social Theory (2011, 2017, 2019)G, 1, 3
- Social Research Methods (2012-13)U, 2, (2019)G, 1
- Capstone in Public Health (2014, 2016-17, 2019) U, 1
- Applications of the Social and Behavioral Sciences to Health (2017) G, 1
- Introductory Sociology (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014) U, 2-4
- An Introduction to Social Networks (2009-12) U, 2 & 3
- Social Network Methods in Health Research (2012) G, 3
NOTES:U = Undergraduate, G = Graduate1 = University of Colorado Denver2 = American University3 = Arizona State University4 = Denison University* = Columbia University's Epidemiology and Public Health Summer Institute+ = ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods for Social Research
While these courses represent some of my teaching interests, further course topics i am interested in include Contagion, Organizations, Sociology of Religion, global HIV/AIDS, and likely a few others I'm not thinking of as courses at the moment. If you are a student interested in these topics, or an instructor who may want to explore collaborative teaching, let me know.
- 2019. jimi adams. Gathering Social Network Data. SAGE-QASS #180.
- 2018. jimi adams & David R. Schaefer (equal co-authors). "Visualizing Stochastic Actor-Based Model Microsteps." Socius 4:1-3. (code)
- 2015. jimi adams. "Using Lord of the Flies to Teach Social Networks." Journal of Social Structure 16(7):1-21. (data)
- 2015. jimi adams. "Glee's McKinley High: Following Middle America's Sexual Taboos." Network Science 3(2): 293-295. (data)