On-Line Advisor: Ted Pappadopoulos, Academic Services Coordinator & Liaison for Workforce Development
(802) 828-0467 Theodore.Pappadopoulos@ccv.edu
Springfield Advisor: Debra Grant firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont State College Help Desk https://servicedesk.vsc.edu
CCV Summer Students and Faculty: Looking for computer software to buy or use for free? You have several options listed below.
Office 365 for PC or Mac (4 year license, version includes Access) available as a download, Adobe Creative Cloud (monthly subscription) and virtualization software. Requires CCV login to buy at discount price.
Edmap Academic Superstore - http://edmap.academicsuperstore.com/?promocode=BBG
Same as above with same or similar prices plus much more software at discount prices. Requires you to create a separate account and provide documentation as registered student. Any CCV academic center can provide you with a student ID.
o365 in the cloud - http://mail.o365.vsc.edu/
Free Microsoft software in the cloud. You must have an internet connection to use. Includes: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, One Drive but not Access. Instructions on how to login and use this software are here - http://andromeda.ccv.vsc.edu/TrainingDocuments/o365SoftwareOnline.pdf
Office 2013/2016 - http://andromeda.ccv.vsc.edu/Learn/OfficeDownload-Install.pdf
Free Microsoft client software available to download. Defaults to to whatever is the current version. If you click on the installation and support guide from the Office 365 screen, there are directions for going back to Office 2013 if that’s your preference.
If you have questions please submit a helpdesk request here - http://servicedesk.vsc.edu
Enjoy your summer!
CCV Academic Technology Curriculum Committee
IF YOU ARE GRADUATING IN JUNE ...... read on!
· Steps To Graduation page http://ccv.edu/explore-ccv-programs/steps-to-graduation/,
Graduation day logistics page http://ccv.edu/students/graduation-day/.
· Students should order their own caps and gowns at http://balfourvt.com/ccv-caps-gowns/. Chiara will also send out an email reminder to all students who have completed their intent to graduate form. All orders received by will be shipped to the centers by the last week of classes. All orders received afterward will be available at Kreitzberg arena on graduation day.
· Please encourage graduates to apply for the Alumni Scholarship by http://ccv.edu/documents/2016/01/alumni-scholarship-application.pdf.
· If you have students with ADA needs at graduation, please let Angie Albeck know as soon as possible. She will send out reminders as we get closer to the date.
Interesting Links to integrate in the Fall 2012 Curriculum
WEB PAGES & add a Widget
Browser Wars: http://gs.statcounter.com/
What is new in CS5.5 - http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/p8znjj5zg4b/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal <-- this can be run on your Android
Dreamweaver support HTML5 update http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/dw_html5_pt1.html download & Install
HTML5 and Table Layout http://webdesign.about.com/od/tables/a/html5-tables-for-layout.htm?nl=1
Adobe EDGE http://www.linkedin.com/news?actionBar=&articleID=672920896&ids=0SdjcVd3oPdPoIcjoMc3kQcPsSb3oVe30Oej8TdyMSczsScz0PdPoIcPcQejcUczsS&aag=true&freq=weekly&trk=eml-tod-b-ttle-4
Steve Judd's HTML5 Links for NEAUG: https://www.google.com/bookmarks/l#!threadID=GS-THQ23UW_w%2FBDR3AZQoQuP3Cvbgl
Audio & Video HTML5 : http://sitepointcom.createsend1.com/t/y/l/gukuhk/ddkjjhkrj/m/
HTML5 Web Tools : http://webdesignledger.com/tools/10-online-html5-tools-for-web-designers