IF YOU ARE GRADUATING IN JUNE ...... read on!
||On-Line: CIS-1151-VO01 and Springfield: CIS-1151-VS01
|Days & Times
||Spring 2016 - Online Classes posted by 3pm on Wed afternoons. Videos on various topics found in each Assignment.|
On-Ground Wed Evenings from 6:00-9:00 at the CCV Springfield , VT campus
Jan 27th - May 4th, 2016
|Extra Time: Before & After Class & Online - JilMac LOVES to work with students on specific issues|
By Phone/Web: call 802-254-8628
||Each course is evaluated every 5 years, this couse was updated for 2015 semesters |
1. Evaluate a variety of websites for content, style and functionality.
2. Identify current trends in Web page use and design including content management systems.
3. Describe accessibility, copyright, security, and other legal and ethical considerations in Web design.
4. Understand that there are different versions of HTML and XHTML and use tools to validate standard code syntax.
5. Create a Web page in HTML using a text editor.
6. Produce sample Web pages using a graphical development tool.
7. Use a variety of media file formats and describe the parameters of each format and their effect on quality and speed.
8. Demonstrate the appropriate and effective use of tables and forms in Web page design.
9. Demonstrate the effective use of inline and external CSS for style and element positioning.
11. Create a form to collect and manage data and understand the options for processing that data.
12. Describe logistics and costs involved in planning, producing, finding a host, and maintaining a website.
13. Design and build a multi-page website that includes internal navigation, consistent style, and interactive elements.
| Previously Taught
||2016 Spring: On Ground Springfield,
2015 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2014 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2013 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2013 Spring CIS-151 Greenfield Community College
2012 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2012 Fall CIS-151 Greenfield Community College
2011 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2010 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2009 SumCIS-1151 in Springfield, VT
Curriculum Change & Renumber ...
2007 Spring CIS-2220 in Brattleboro, VT
2006 Spring CIS-2220 in Brattleboro, VT
|CIS 151 - Web Site Development
|Note: See file at bottom of page for Update of Course for 2015
3.000 Credit hours
3.000 Lecture hours
Schedule Types: Distance Learning, Hybrid Distance & Campus Mtgs, Lecture
Computer Science Department
Previous to 2015
1. Locate and evaluate a variety of Web sites for content, style and functionality.
2. Outline current trends in Web page use and design.
3. Describe characteristics and limitations of the various versions of HTML and XHTML on Web page design.
4. Create a web page in HTML using a text editor.
5. Produce sample Web pages using a graphical HTML editor.
6. Use a variety of graphic file formats & describe the parameters of each format and their effect on quality&speed.
7. Demonstrate the effective use of tables and forms in Web page design.
8. Demonstrate the effective use of CSS for style and element positioning.
10. Create a form that uses CGI script to process collected data.
11. Design a coordinated, multi-page Web site that includes links to other Web sites.
12. Describe logistics and costs involved in planning, producing, finding a host, and maintaining a Web site.
13. Describe the main types of content managers available, and critique their use in Web site design.
14. Describe accessibility, copyright and other legal and ethical considerations in Web design.
Interesting Links to integrate in the Fall 2012 Curriculum
WEB PAGES & add a Widget