|Days & Times
||Spring 2015 - Monday Evenings from 6:00-9:00 at the CCV Springfield , VT campus|
Jan 26th - May 4th, 2015 NOTE: No on-Ground class Feb 9th
|Extra Time: Before & After Class & Online|
Phone/Web: call 802-254-8628
Fall 2014 Thursdays, 1:00PM - 03:45PM
Semester Dates: Fall - Sept 04, 2014 to 12-11-2014
||See submitted Changes for 2015 semester - will be discussed with CIS-1151 Instructors file attached at bot of page.|
1. Locate and evaluate a variety of Web sites for content, style and functionality.
2. Outline current trends in Web page use and design.
3. Describe characteristics and limitations of the various versions of HTML and XHTML on Web page design.
4. Create a web page in HTML using a text editor.
5. Produce sample Web pages using a graphical HTML editor.
6. Use a variety of graphic file formats & describe the parameters of each format and their effect on quality&speed.
7. Demonstrate the effective use of tables and forms in Web page design.
8. Demonstrate the effective use of CSS for style and element positioning.
10. Create a form that uses CGI script to process collected data.
11. Design a coordinated, multi-page Web site that includes links to other Web sites.
12. Describe logistics and costs involved in planning, producing, finding a host, and maintaining a Web site.
13. Describe the main types of content managers available, and critique their use in Web site design.
14. Describe accessibility, copyright and other legal and ethical considerations in Web design.
| Previously Taught
||2014 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2013 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2013 Spring CIS-151 Greenfield Community College
2012 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2012 Fall CIS-151 Greenfield Community College
2011 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2010 Fall CIS 1151 in Springfield, VT
2009 SumCIS-1151 in Springfield, VT
Curriculum Change & Renumber ...
2007 Spring CIS-2220 in Brattleboro, VT
2006 Spring CIS-2220 in Brattleboro, VT
|CIS 151 - Web Site Development
|Note: See file at bottom of page for Update of Course for 2015
3.000 Credit hours
3.000 Lecture hours
Schedule Types: Distance Learning, Hybrid Distance & Campus Mtgs, Lecture
Computer Science Department
Interesting Links to integrate in the Fall 2012 Curriculum
WEB PAGES & add a Widget