- December 2019, Three of my proposals got accepted on ITP(인천테크노파크). 34K x3 funding.
- August 2019, My proposal on automatic inventory system got accepted on SMTECH(중소기업청). 200K per year for two years.
- May 2019, My Talk at ICT Forum was LIVE! on national TV. (YTN Science)
- April 2019, Two research posters are accepted on MobiSys 2019 POSTER session.
- April 2019, My research group AI2S awarded by head of IITP (IITP 정보통신기획평가원 원장상) for our excellence research
- April 2019, My Ph.D. student Duin Baek awarded by head of IITP (IITP 정보통신기획평가원 원장상) for his excellence research
- March 2019, I am serving MobiSys 2019 as Organizing Committee
- January 2019, Our RF-based Analytics Generated by Tag-to-Tag paper accepted on IEEE ICASSP 2019
- June 2018: Our backscattering based activity recognition paper presented on MobiSys2018
Wireless network improvement and its implementation on a real system, which spans the spectrum from understanding in communication theory, through network coding and physical parameter optimization, to practical issues with software radio and internet of things (IoT) especially for battery-less communication.
- Gaze assisted Network Resource Optimization: WebGaze, F-Player
- Backscatter Communication and Activity Monitoring: B-CSI
- Protocol to Tiered Access for Shared Spectrum: PTASS
- 2017 - 2020, SALI360: Saliency-based 360 video streaming service — NRF(National Research Foundation), PI
- 2018, OpenLTE platform implementation for 5G - TP(Incheon Techno Park), PI
- Conference Committee
- Organizing Committee of MobiSys 2019, Technical Program Committee of ICCCN 2019
- Director of ICT CCP Program in SUNY Korea
Selected Papers Since 2015
Disclaimer: These papers are made available as a means to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work on a non-commercial basis. Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders, notwithstanding that they have offered their works here electronically. It is understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. These works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
See my google scholar profile for a complete list of publications and h-index.
- IEEE ICASSP, 2019, RF-based Analytics generated by Tag-to-Tag networks — [PDF]
- ACM MobiSys 2018, BARNET: Activity Recognition using Passive Backscattering Tag-to-Tag Network — [PDF,SLIDE,TALK]
- USENIX NSDI 2017, Improving User Perceived Page Load Time Using Gaze — [PDF,SLIDE,TALK]
- ACM MMSys 2016, Design and Evaluation of a Foveated Video Streaming Service for Commodity Client Devices — [PDF,SLIDE]
- ACM MSWiM 2015, Phase-based Ranging of RFID Tags with Applications to Shopping Cart Localization — [PDF,SLIDE]
- IEEE DySPAN 2015, Design and Implementation of an End-to-End Architecture for 3.5GHz Shared Spectrum — [PDF,SLIDE]
- IETF Internet Draft 2015, Protocol to Tiered Access for Shared Spectrum (PTASS) — [PDF]
- CSE373 Analysis of Algorithms 2017F, 2018F
- CSE570 Wireless and Mobile Networks 2018S
- CSE658 Seminar on Mobile and Wireless Networking 2018F
- CSE327 Fundamentals of Computer Vision 2019S
- CSE527 Introduction to Computer Vision 2019S
- EMP530 AI for Everyone 2019SU
- 2017. 08, Ph.D., WINGS Lab and CEWIT, Department of CS, Stony Brook Univ.
- 2010. 08, M.S., WINE Lab, School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University
- 2007. 08, B.S., School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University
- 2014.05 - 2014.08, Research Intern, Whitespace Team, Bell-labs
- 2012.01 - 2013.08, Senior Researcher Aide, NGEL(Next Generation Enterprise Lab), Motorola
- 2011.03 - 2011.08, Lecturer, Korea University
- 2010.06 - 2010.09, Research Intern, NEC Group, Microsoft Research Redmond
- 2009.08 - 2010.03, Research Intern, SDR Team, W&N Group, Microsoft Research Asia
- 2009.06 - 2009.08, Researcher, Network and Infrastructure Group, KISTI(National Super Computing Center of Korea)