Wireless network improvement and its implementation on a real system, which spans the spectrum from understanding in communication theory, through network coding and physical parameter optimization, to practical issues with software radio and internet of things (IoT) especially for battery-less communication.
- Gaze assisted Network Resource Optimization: WebGaze, F-Player
- Backscatter Communication and Activity Monitoring: B-CSI
- Protocol to Tiered Access for Shared Spectrum: PTASS
- 2017 - 2020, SALI360: Saliency-based 360 video streaming service — NRF(National Research Foundation)
Selected Papers Since 2015
Disclaimer: These papers are made available as a means to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work on a non-commercial basis. Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders, notwithstanding that they have offered their works here electronically. It is understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. These works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
See my google scholar profile for a complete list of publications and h-index.
- ACM MobiSys 2018, BARNET: Activity Recognition using Passive Backscattering Tag-to-Tag Network — [PDF,SLIDE,TALK]
- USENIX NSDI 2017, Improving User Perceived Page Load Time Using Gaze — [PDF,SLIDE,TALK]
- ACM MMSys 2016, Design and Evaluation of a Foveated Video Streaming Service for Commodity Client Devices — [PDF,SLIDE]
- ACM MSWiM 2015, Phase-based Ranging of RFID Tags with Applications to Shopping Cart Localization — [PDF,SLIDE]
- IEEE DySPAN 2015, Design and Implementation of an End-to-End Architecture for 3.5GHz Shared Spectrum — [PDF,SLIDE]
- IETF Internet Draft 2015, Protocol to Tiered Access for Shared Spectrum (PTASS) — [PDF]
- CSE373 Analysis of Algorithms 2017F
- CSE570 Wireless and Mobile Networks 2018S
- 2017. 08, Ph.D., WINGS Lab and CEWIT, Department of CS, Stony Brook Univ.
- 2010. 08, M.S., WINE Lab, School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University
- 2007. 08, B.S., School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University
- 2014.05 - 2014.08, Research Intern, Whitespace Team, Bell-labs
- 2012.01 - 2013.08, Senior Researcher Aide, NGEL(Next Generation Enterprise Lab), Motorola
- 2011.03 - 2011.08, Lecturer, Korea University
- 2010.06 - 2010.09, Research Intern, NEC Group, Microsoft Research Redmond
- 2009.08 - 2010.03, Research Intern, SDR Team, W&N Group, Microsoft Research Asia
- 2009.06 - 2009.08, Researcher, Network and Infrastructure Group, KISTI(National Super Computing Center of Korea)