· Graduate Fellowship, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
· Graduate Study Abroad Scholarship, Korea Science and Engineering Foundation (KOSEF), 2004
1. Woo-Jeon Shim, Il-Soo Kim, Seung-Jong Oh, Jae-Hoon Ha, and Ji-Chul Kim, “Missile Ejection System and Launching Canister Thereof,” U.S. Patent Application, 2006.
1. Jichul Kim and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “Microrheological Studies on the Kinetics of Thermally-Induced Protein Gelation,” manuscript in preparation.
2. Jichul Kim and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “Experimental Study on Thermal Energy Transport at Protein-Solvent Interface and Its Implication on Chemically-Induced Protein Unfolding Process,” manuscript in preparation
3. Jichul Kim and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “On-Chip Characterization of the Mass Diffusivity of Binary Mixtures Using Brownian Microscopy,” Sensors & Actuators: A. Physical, 155, pp. 39-46 (2009)
4. Jichul Kim and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “Brownian Microscopy for Simultaneous in situ Measurements of the Viscosity and Velocity Fields in Steady Laminar Microchannel Flows,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 17 (5), pp. 1135-1143 (2008)
5. Y. Sungtaek Ju, Jichul Kim, and Ming-Tsung Hung, “Experimental Study of Heat Conduction in Aqueous Suspensions of Aluminum Oxide Nanoparticles,” Journal of Heat Transfer, 130(9), 092403 (2008)
6. Ming-Tsung Hung, Jichul Kim, and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “Exploration of Thermolithography for Micro- and Nanomanufacturing,” Applied Physics Letters, 88, 123110 (2006)
7. Jichul Kim, Jung-Kyu Ryou, and Seung Jo Kim, “Optimal Gain Distribution for Two-dimensional Modal Transducer and Its Implementation Using Multi-layered PVDF Films,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 251(3), pp.395-408 (2002)
8. Jichul Kim, Joon-Seok Hwang, and Seung Jo Kim, “Design of modal transducer by optimizing spatial distribution of discrete gain weights,” AIAA Journal, 39(10), pp. 1969-1976 (2001)
1. Y. Tanye Tang, Jichul Kim, Hector Lopez-Valdes, KC Brennan, and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “Microfluidic Chamber with Active Suction Ports for Localized Chemical Stimulation of Brain Slices,” to be presented in MEMS 2010, January 24-28, Hong Kong, China
2. Jichul Kim and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “Detection of Chemically and Thermally Induced Protein Denaturation via Thermal Conductivity Measurement,” ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, November 13-19, 2009, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA
3. Jichul Kim and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “On-Chip Characterization of Transport Properties of Liquid Solutions Using Microfluidic Channel-Based Brownian Microscopy,” MEMS 2008, January 13-17, 2008, Tucson, Arizona, USA
4. Y. Sungtaek Ju, Jichul Kim, and Ming-Tsung Hung, “Experimental Study of Heat Conduction in Aqueous Suspensions of Aluminum Oxide Nanoparticles,” Proceedings of 2007 ASME-JSME Thermal Engineering Summer Heat Transfer Conference, July 8-12, 2007, Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA
5. Jichul Kim and Y. Sungtaek Ju, “Analysis and Experimental Characterization of Statistical Errors in Brownian Microscopy,” Proceedings of the 2006 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, November 5-10, 2006, Chicago, Illinois, USA
6. Jichul Kim and Woo Jeon Shim, “Design of the Brake Device Using the Axial Crushing of Truncated Cone Type Cylinder,” Proceedings of the 2nd Asia International Conference on Tribology, pp.387-388, 2002, Jeju Island, Korea
7. Seung Jo Kim, Jung-Kyu Ryu, Joon Seok Hwang and Jichul Kim, “Design of Distributed Modal Transducer by Optimizing Gain-weights of Interface Circuit,” Proceedings of the First Asian-Australasian Conference on Composite Materials (ACCM-1), Paper No.633, 1998, Osaka, Japan.
8. Seung Jo Kim, Joon-Seok Hwang, and Jichul Kim, “Sensor/Actuator System Design by Adjusting Spatial Gain Distribution for Vibration Control of Composite Plates,” Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Materials, pp. 150-151, 1998, Makuhari, Chiba, Japan.