Please scroll down, and click on links to the left to browse this site (haga clic a la izquierda para ver más)
Jesús Piris riding the Andalusian stallion "Justino" in piaffe photo credit: Sierra Boeckel
NEW! Pure Spanish Andalusian Horses (PRE) imported from Spain! Selected by Jesús and suitable as serious dressage competitors.
- Former Instructor from the Royal Andalusian Riding School of Jerez, Spain (Escuela Real Andaluza del Arte Ecuestre) with years of experience training students and horses in not only the movements of upper level competition dressage but also in the airs above the ground such as the capriole, courbette, levade, etc.
- Mounted bullfighter (rejoneador) for ten years in Spain and Portugal, training his own string of fourteen impeccably responsive bullfighting horses--
- Atrevida, a bullfighting mare he selected and purchased as a young filly for the price of approximately $500 U.S. dollars, whom he trained and fought bulls with and then sold to a famous rejoneador, was subsequently sold to a buyer in South America and was heralded in the press for fetching the highest price in bullfighting history!
- Two years as a professional show jumper rider and trainer, competing in jumps of over six feet (two meters).
- Professional dressage trainer in Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Portugal, England and U.S.
- Two years directing equine operations for Medieval Times Dinner Theaters' Anaheim Castle.
- Managed and greatly improved the herds of several major Andalusian breeding farms in Spain, selecting breeding stock and overseeing all breeding operations.
- Managed private riding schools in Spain, training schoolmasters and instructing large groups of students.
- Jesús Piris was known as "El Brujo" (the Wizard) in Andalucia for his seemingly uncanny ability to "fix" problem horses, transforming individuals with serious behavioral problems and even known physical deficiencies into willing, gymnastically athletic and responsive mounts.
- With experience importing horses from Spain, Mr. Piris can assist in purchasing and importing top quality Andalusians (Pura Raza Espanola) and Lusitanos, suitable for sport, breeding and pleasure. With his incredibly perceptive and discerning eye for "horseflesh," he is able to identify the most talented horses which possess the mental and physical capabilities to achieve the highest levels of performance, whether for dressage or other demanding sports. He has not only the "eye," but the contacts to select and purchase the quality of Iberian horses seldom seen on the American continent. Given Spain's economy, now is the time to buy!
Master Trainer from Spain,
Former Instructor of the
Royal Riding School of Jerez, Spain
(Real Escuela Andaluza del Arte Ecuestre,)
Jesús is an extraordinarily talented trainer who is known for his expressively correct upper level dressage movements.
He is currently accepting a limited number of horses in training as well as new students of all levels (beginning through Grand Prix)
Jesús Piris Dressage is located at Quinta Cordova Andalusians, 25 minutes from Downtown San Diego in the picturesque hilltop town of Crest on the outskirts of El Cajon. Quinta Cordova Andalusians http://sites.google.com/site/QuintaCordovaAndalusians, is a private facility which borders the 4000 acre State preserve known as Crestridge, with its gorgeous views and miles of riding trails. He is also available as a mobile trainer (i.e. travel to your facility may be possible) as well as at the world-class International Equestrian Center in Ramona, CA https://sdcea.memberstatements.com/tour/tours.cfm?tourid=44120
For training, group or private lessons, please contact Rebeca Córdova at CaballoPRE@cox.net or 619-846-6742
***NEW*** Ask about our discounted Training and Lesson Packages!
Please click on links to the left to browse this site