I am a mathematics postdoc at the CUNY Graduate Center. I am interested in algebraic topology and symplectic geometry. I am especially interested in the topology of various moduli spaces and configuration spaces and their algebraic structure.
Email: jmiller at gc dot cuny dot edu
I received my PhD from Stanford University under the supervision of Ralph Cohen.
Publications and Preprints
- En-cell attachments and a local-to-global principle for homological stability with Alexander Kupers.
- Improved homological stability for configuration spaces after inverting 2 with Alexander Kupers.
- Homological stability for complements of closures with Alexander Kupers. This has been subsumed into Homological stability for symmetric complements with Alexander Kupers and TriThang Tran.
- Homological stability for topological chiral homology of completions with Alexander Kupers.
- Some stable homology calculations and Occam's razor for Hodge structures with Alexander Kupers, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 218 (2014), no. 7, 1219-223.
- Twisted homology fibrations and scanning for oriented configuration spaces with Martin Palmer.
- Localization and homological stability of configuration spaces with Martin Bendersky, Quarterly Journal of Mathematics (to appear).
- The topology of the space of J-holomorphic maps to CP^2.
- Nonabelian Poincare duality after stabilizing, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society (to appear).
- Homological stability properties of spaces of rational J-holomorphic curves in P^2, Algebraic & Geometric Topology, 13 (2013), no.1, 453-478.