As made in the kitchen of One Perfect Bite
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
2) To make cinnamon swirl: Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
3) To make batter: Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into
a small bowl. Set aside. Cream butter until light in bowl of an
electric mixer on high speed. Gradually add sugar and continue beating
until mixture is very light and fluffy. With mixer set to medium speed,
add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, alternately beat in dry
ingredients and sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Beat only until combined.
4) To assemble: Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with
half of cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and
cinnamon sugar. Drizzle butter over top. To form swirl, cut through
batter with a knife several times.
5) To bake: Bake until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean,
about 1 hour. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides
from pan and carefully invert onto a rack and gently flip to turn
right-side up again. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 1 loaf.