Texture Artist Extraodinaire
I am a self motivated 3D Modeler and Texture Artist that enjoys attention to detail. Critique and advice are also a valued device to me for creating even better assets and environmental experiences.
· Modeling with Intent to create clean UV Maps, Textures, and Export to other programs.
· Use of Reference for accuracy and scale.
· Economy of Tri/Polycount as needed without sacrificing the silhouette of the asset.
· Proper Workflow and File Management
· UV Mapping.
· Use of UV Editor to organize “projections” for resolution and efficient map space use.
· Best angle projection of “faces” for the least amount of distortion.
· Stratigic placement of “seams” for more eye appeal and seam matching.
· Layered shaders, combining Specular, Normal, Diffuse, and Ambient Occlusion maps
For optimal effect.
· Layer and File management.
· Use of multiple named layers, folder groups to allow for ease workflow.
· Hand painting UV Maps.
· Hand painting UV Maps, using effects and filters as needed for desired effect.
· Photo painting UV Maps.
· Using photograph texture selections to create stamp brushes for realism where needed.
· Import of FBX files exported from Maya as Static and Skeletal Meshes.
· Material Editor use to create new mapped materials for imported objects.
· Use of Landscape Editor for terrain creation and layered shaders for terrain texturing.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
11605 132nd Avenue Northeast Kirkland, WA 98034
Degree-Multimedia Design and Production (Animation and Game Design)
Texture Artist 2012-Present