A downloadable version of my C.V. is posted at the bottom of this page.
- Ph.D. Binghamton University
(SUNY), Political Science, 2012
- M.A. Binghamton
University (SUNY), Political Science, 2010
- B.A. Smith College, Government, 2002
FELLOWSHIPS, AWARDS, APPOINTMENTS
- Mass political behaviour
- Research methodology
- State Politics
- Political Communication
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Political Science at Florida State University, 2011.
- Travel Award by Conference
on Politics Experiments at University of Virginia, May 19-20, 2010.
- George L.
Hinman Doctoral Fellowship by the Department of Political Science, 2007-2011.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Government, University of West Florida, 2013-present.
- Visiting Assistant
Professor, Department of Government, University of West Florida, 2012-2013.
- Research Assistant
for Jeffrey Yates, at the Department of Political Science, Binghamton
University, Spring 2011. Data collection and analysis on fear and citizen behavior.
- Research Assistant for Leslie Gates, at the
Department of Sociology, Binghamton University, March 2011 – August 2012. Cleaned and analyzed data on Latin
American political attitudes.
- Research Assistant for Jennifer Jensen at the Department
of Political Science, Binghamton University, Spring 2008. Archival research; assembled a
data set covering governors’ careers from 1930 to 2000.
- Senior Research Analyst, Cision Worldwide, 2003–2007
- Assistant Account Executive, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, 2002-2003
- Jensen, Jennifer, and Jenna
Kelkres Emery. 2011. “The First State Lobbyists: State Offices in Washington during
World War II.” Journal of Policy History. 23:117-149.
- Exit Polling
Assignment instructional series, Soomo Publishing, 2012, with Alison Howard.
WORKS IN PROGRESS
- "Community Response to Tragedy: School Shootings and Local Government."
Subjective Measurements: Predicting Partisanship with Social Identity and
- Emery, Jennifer Kelkres and Lisa VanWormer. “Is there a universal
message? An experiment with candidate communication for teens and seniors.”
- Gates, Leslie and Jennifer Kelkres Emery. “The Politicization of
Business and the Fate of Latin America’s Anti-neoliberal Left: 1995-2006,” to
be submitted to the Annual Sociological Review.
- “Exit Polling as Instructional Resource: Data from the 2012 Election,” with
Jocelyn Evans and Alison Howard.
- “Anti-Partisanship: Social Identity Cues and the
Strength of Partisanship.” Presented at the
annual meeting of the Florida Political Science Association, Tampa, FL. March
- “Counting Tree Rings: Elections as Behavioral Conditioning.” Presented at the Annual
meeting of the Southern Political Science Association, New Orleans, LA. January
- Mason, E. Hayley, and Jenna
Kelkres Emery. “The
Oppressive Swing State: The Electoral College and Presidential Policy Support.”
Presented at the annual meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association,
Chicago, IL. April 22-25, 2010.
- Emery, Jenna Kelkres, and Jonathan Krasno. “Seeing Clearly: Candidate Positioning In the Senate.” Presented at the annual
meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL. April 2-5,
- Jensen, Jennifer, and
Jenna Kelkres Emery. “The
First State Lobbyists: State Lobbying Offices in Washington During World War
Presented at the annual meeting of the Northeastern Political Science
Association, Boston, MA. November 13-15, 2008.
of West Florida, 2012-2013, Visiting Assistant Professor:
- Analyzing Politics (research methods and policy
analysis), Fall 2012
- Introduction to American Politics, Fall 2012
- Public Opinion, Fall 2012
Study: Introduction to Game Theory, Fall 2012
- Elections 2012, Spring 2012
Binghamton University, Political Science Department:
Binghamton University, Department of Public Administration:
- Seminar in Issue Voting, Spring 2010
- Introduction to American Politics, Winter 2011
- Introduction to American Politics, Fall 2007 (TA)
- Introduction to Comparative Politics, Fall 2009 (TA)
- Introduction to World Politics, Fall 2011 (TA)
Internships, Spring 2008 (TA)
- Introduction to Bureaucracy, Spring 2008
DEPARTMENTAL AND UNIVERSITY SERVICE
- Panel Chair and discussant on “American Politics: Political Socialization, Partisanship, and Civic Engagement” at the annual meeting of the Florida Political Science Association, Tampa, FL, March 17, 2012.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING AND PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
- Internships Coordinator, Department of
Government, University of West Florida, 2012-present.
- Judge for Student Scholar Symposium, Psychology
division, at the University of West Florida, 2012 & 2013.
- President of the Political Science Graduate
Student Organization, Binghamton University, 2008-2009.
- Inter-University Consortium for Political
and Social Research (ICPSR), University
of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2010
- Conference on Politics Experiments
at University of Virginia, May 19-20, 2010
- Summer Institute of
Political Psychology (SIPP), Stanford University, 2009
- Eighth Annual Conference on State Politics and Policy, Philadelphia, PA, May
- Research Methods and
- Research Methods and
- Maximum Likelihood
- Longitudinal Analysis
- Introductory Game
- Advanced Game Theory
- American Political Science Association
- - Experimental Methods Section
- Midwest Political Science Association
- Southern Political Science Association
- American Association for Public Opinion Research
- Florida Political Science Association