CURRENT PROFESSIONAL Activities
INFORMS DECISION ANALYSIS SOCIETY (DAS)
SOCIETY FOR RISK ANALYSIS, DECISION ANALYSIS AND RISK SPECIALTY GROUP
EDITORIAL SERVICE AND REVIEWING
Associate Editor, Interfaces (INFORMS) 2011-present
Editor (similar to Associate Editor), EURO Journal on Decision Processes (Springer), 2012-present
Editorial Board, Decision Analysis (INFORMS), 2011-present
Editorial Board, Environment, Systems & Decisions, Springer), 2012-present
1. Salo, A., J. Keisler and A. Morton (eds.) Portfolio Decision Analysis –Improved Methods for Resource Allocation. Springer International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, Vol 162. Springer, New York, August 2011. (409p)
Refereed journal articles
2. Keisler, J., O. Chopra and W. Shack. Statistical models for estimating fatigue strain-life behavior of pressure boundary materials in light water reactor environments. Nuclear Engineering and Design 167(2):129-154, 1996.
3. Keisler, J. and R. Sundell. Combining multi-attribute utility and geographic information for boundary decisions: An application to park planning, Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 1(2):101-118, Dec. 1997.
4. Keisler, J., Attribute-based differentiation of alternatives. Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis 11(6):315-326, Nov.-Dec. 2002.
5. Keisler, J., W. Buehring, P. McLaughlin, M. Robershotte and R. Whitfield, Allocating contractor risks in the Hanford waste cleanup. Interfaces 34(3): 180-190, May-June 2004.
6. Keisler, J., Value of information in portfolio decision analysis, Decision Analysis 1(3):177-189,
7. Keisler, J., Technical note: Comparative static analysis of information value in a canonical decision problem. The Engineering Economist 49(4):339-349, October-December 2004.
8. Keisler, J., Additivity of information value in two-act linear loss decisions with normal priors. Risk Analysis 25(2): 351-360, April 2005.
9. Keisler, J. and W. Buehring, How many vendors does it take to screw down a price? A primer on facilitating competition. Journal of Public Procurement 5(3)291-317, October 2005. Reprinted in International Handbook of Public Procurement, K. Thai, Ed., Taylor & Francis, pp. 211-227. 2008.
10. Keisler, J. and W. Zhang, Enhancing decision analysis models with web agents. Journal of Decision Systems 15(4):453-473, November 2006.
11. Keisler, J., The value of assessing weights in multi-criteria portfolio decision analysis. Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis 15(5-6):111-123, September-December 2008.
12. Baker, E., H. Chon, and J. Keisler, Advanced solar R&D: Applying expert elicitations to inform climate policy. Energy Economics 31(Supplement 1):S37-S49, 2009.
13. Keisler, J. and M. Brodfuhrer, An application of value-of-information to decision process reengineering. The Engineering Economist 54(3):197-221, July-September 2009.
14. Baker, E., H. Chon, and J. Keisler, Carbon capture and storage: Combining economic analysis with expert elicitations to inform climate policy. Climatic Change 96(3):379-408. Oct. 2009.
15. Baker, E., H. Chon and J. Keisler, Battery technology for electric and hybrid vehicles: Expert views on prospects for advancement. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 77(7):1139-1146, September 2010.
16. Karvetski, C., J. Lambert, I. Linkov and J. Keisler, Incremental reevaluation of multiple criteria for future scenarios: Application to coastal engineering and climate change. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part A 41(1): 63-73. January 2011.
17. Baker, E and J. Keisler, Cellulosic biofuels: Expert views on prospects for advancement. Energy 36(1): 595-605, January 2011.
Supplementary material: http://www-unix.ecs.umass.edu/mie/faculty/baker/biofuelselicsuppmat.pdf
18. Karvetski, C., J.H. Lambert, J. M. Keisler, B. Sexauer, and I. Linkov, Risk and Impact Analysis of Climate Change Scenarios for Alaska Coastal Infrastructure, International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management 15(2/3):258-274. August 2011.
19. Huang, I., J. Keisler, I. Linkov, Multi-criteria decision analysis in environmental sciences: Ten years of applications and trends. Science of the Total Environment 409(19):3578-3594. September 2011.
20. Linkov, I., M. Bates, L. Canis, T. Seager and J. Keisler. EHS research strategy for nanomaterials: A decision directed approach. Nature Nanotechnology 6(12): 784–787. December 2011. Online supplement: http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/vaop/ncurrent/extref/nnano.2011.163-s1.pdf
21. Linkov, I., H.Rosoff, J. Valverde, B. Trump, M. Bates, D. Friedman, J. Evans, J. Keisler. Civilian Response Corps of the US Dept. of State: Contextual understanding of force skill priorities for Future Diplomatic Missions. Accepted, Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis.
22. Keisler, H. and J. Keisler, Craig interpolation for networks of sentences. Accepted, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic.
23. Linkov, I., A. Tkachuk., L. Canis, M. Mohan, J. Keisler, Risk Informed Decision Framework for Integrated Evaluation of Countermeasures against CBRN Threats. Accepted, Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
25. Johnson, M., R. Drew, J. Keisler, D. Turcotte, What is a Strategic Acquisition? Decision
Modeling in Support of Foreclosed Housing Redevelopment. To appear,
Socioeconomic Planning Sciences 46(3), September 2012.
27. Keisler, J. and P. Mang, Applying value of information and real options to R&D and new product development. Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Vol. 1, 138-158, 2011.
28. Keisler, J., and I. Linkov, Managing a portfolio of risks. Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Vol. 4, 2960-2983, 2011.
29. Wagner, J. and J. Keisler, Enhance your own research productivity using spreadsheets (From sin to salvation). INFORMS Tutorials in Operations Research: Models, Methods and Applications for Innovative Decision Making, Volume 2:148-162, 2006.
30. Salo, A., J. Keisler and A.Morton, An invitation to portfolio decision analysis. In Portfolio Decision Analysis (Salo, Keisler and Morton, eds), Springer, New York, October 2011. pp. 3-27.
31. Stonebraker, J. and J. Keisler, Empirically investigating the portfolio management process: Findings from a large pharmaceutical company. In Portfolio Decision Analysis (Salo, Keisler and Morton, eds), Springer, New York, October 2011. pp. 131-148.
32. Keisler, J., Portfolio decision quality. In Portfolio Decision Analysis (Salo, Keisler and Morton, eds), Springer, New York, October 2011. pp. 29-51.
33. Linkov, I., J. Coles, P. Welle, M. Bates, J. Keisler. Anthrax cleanup decisions: Statistical confidence or confident response. Environmental Science & Technology 45(22): 9471-9472, November 2011.
34. Keisler, J. R. Blake, and J. Wagner, Spreadsheet based geographic information systems: What, how and why. Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (CD-ROM, 10 pages), Computer Society Press, 2009.
35. Keisler, J., When to consider synergies in project portfolio decision analysis, UMass Boston College of Management Working Paper, 2005.
36. Baker, E., L. Clarke, J. Keisler, and E. Shittu, Uncertainty, technical change and policy models, UMass Boston College of Management Working Paper UMBCMWP1028, 2007.
37. Chon, H., E. Baker, and J. Keisler Advanced nuclear power: Converting expert elicitations into economics parameters to inform climate change policy. US Association for Energy Economics Working Paper WP 08-010 Available at: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1289823 September 2008.
38. Baker, E., H. Chon, and J. Keisler, Advanced nuclear power: Combining economic analysis with expert elicitations to inform climate policy. Available at: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1407048 May 2009.
39. Keisler, J., The value of refining buyup alternatives in portfolio decision analysis. UMBCMWP1048, 2011.
40. Keisler, J., Review of Experimental Studies of Interactive Decisions, by A. Rapoport, 1990, Dordrecht, Kluwer, Interfaces, pp. 157-158, 21:4, July-August 1991.
41. Keisler, J. Collaborative Decision Sciences Review of Negotiation Analysis, by H. Raiffa, Harvard University Press, Decision Line, pp. 16-19, March-April, 2003.
42. Salo, A., J. Keisler and A. Morton, Improving Resource Allocation with Portfolio Decision Analysis. Analytics Magazine, pp.23-26, November/December 2011.
Strategic Decision Group: Decision analyst for Fortune 100 companies
Argonne National Laboratory: Decision analyst for federal agencies
General Motors Corp.: Decision analyst