All “Random Unsold Jokes” written by Jeff Burdick. And no plagiarizing please, as your online IPO address will rat you out quicker than a Rod Blagojevich staffer.
- I’m in a new 12 Step Program through my Church. Step 1 is to make amends. The other 11 involve tithing.
- If you think being Amish is difficult to express, try saying you’re just a little Amish – or Amishish.
- I just downloaded an R-rated version of Words With Friends called “Having Words with People.” And it’s effing awesome, biatches.
- Genetic testing scares me. What if I learn skinny jeans will never be in my future?
- I think “Movember” is a great cause, but I’m happy to see my wife’s Epilady back on the job.
- Is Babar ever offended when two people blatantly ignore him but then say, “Look, I think we should talk about the elephant in the room.”
- “Sexiest Man Alive”: Is the word “alive” really necessary? Or does People employ an unusually large number of necrophiliacs who’d misinterpret the voting criteria?
- In a past life, I was probably an immortal. If not that, then one of those prehistoric fancy fish with fangs.
- A pity Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer flopped at the box office. Guess we’ll never see its sequel, Donald Trump: Robin Hood.
- Need to redo my New Year’s Resolution. Approaching all things with a child-like wonder is not ideal when working with power tools.
- Ever find yourself eating in a bathroom wondering: “When will this cruel cycle ever end?”
- The 4th of July is by far my favorite holiday – that one day a year my bunting belly shirts don’t look out of place.
- I just learned “going on the lam” and “getting a Gyros to go” are completely different things. Makes me wonder if my Phoenix University degree is worth the copy paper it’s printed on.
- Caveat emptor to anyone shopping for a Valentine’s Day gift: The “couples massage” sounds romantic… until you meet the other couple.
- Why not combine Leap Day and Daylight Saving Time so every four years we just move our calendars back 23 hours.
- Whenever I hear the phrase “Old School,” I picture court-mandated driving courses in Florida.
- When the hungry aliens come, the safe money says they’ll target the obese first, but then really overpay for food snobs lightly fattened with foie gras.
- Investigation of “person of interest” dropped when
he’s discovered to be agonizingly, painfully boring.
- Smart Water really works. At first, I paid $2 for 1 liter. Then I learned I could get 2 liters for $3. I’m sure I’ll eventually learn how to save even more on water.
- Today I attempt to educate my colleagues on the common meaning of Hump Day... and why we should no longer tolerate their version in the work place.
- I’m traveling today to Texas on business. Anyone know if their conceal-carry laws cover kind thoughts toward President Obama?
- Anyone else hitting tonight’s Fish Fry fundraiser for Gamblers Anonymous? They're serving blow fish.
- My Bucket List:
- Tweak my lozenge-patch invention. Forehead application is still
a bit cumbersome.
- Witness a Mexican standoff, involving actual Mexicans.
- Replicate John Mayer’s ability to fake sincerity and likability in verse only.
- When some real jerk asks for an example of a good synechoche, be quick witted enough to say “a**hole.”