Homework required in preparation for this lecture
- Read Chapter 8 on Location and Sensing
- Do some research on the android platform and create a list of all sensors and actuators (e.g. vibration control) available on android devices
- Pick an android device you have access to and list all of the sensors/actuators on that device.
- Write a blog post giving your list of sensors and actuators and mentioning one creative use of each sensor and actuator in your product
- Write comments on three blog posts of people not in your incubator group.
The goal of this homework is to get you to think about sensors and actuators in the android platform and to reflect on how they might be useful in an application.
Weekly Programming assignments
- Review last week's PA
- DIscuss this week's PA
Go over HW
Student Portfolios at https://sites.google.com/site/jbs2011mobile/info-pages/game-rules/student-portfolios
Group Brainstorming ...
List of Sensors and Actuators ...
Possible Creative uses of Sensors and Actuators ...
GPS and Maps -- HappySad explains their code
Sensors and Actuators -- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-android-sensor
Simple Accelerometer Game - https://github.com/eburke/android_game_examples
Theory of Sensor Events http://developer.android.com/reference/android/hardware/SensorEvent.html
Device Coordinate System
World Coordinate System
Rotation Matrix (3d and 4d)
Intro to 3d graphics
An application: Augmented Reality
- recognize a shape and use to calculate rotation matrix
- use orientation sensors to calculate rotation matrix