Homework Required in preparation for this lecture
- Comment on three other blog posts.
Basic formats of the internet
- Architecture of the Internet
- IP addresses, ports and Domain Name Servers (dig, telnet)
- packet switching and traceroute
- TCP/IP protocol, routers, and routing tables
- Secure Sockets Layer and Public Key Cryptography
- Worldwide Web Consortium works on standards
- Other tools
- compass - sass based CSS framework
- haml - generates html (like erb) a templating system
- mustache - templating tool in Ruby to not use logic in templates
- jQuery UI has templates ...
- web-app-theme Rail theme (in github)
- 12:00-1:00 Three students have lunch with speaker and teachers
- 1:00-2:00 Lecture by Prof. Rob Lindeman on Virtual Reality
- 2:00-3:00 Go over PA2 and PA3 solutions
- 3:00-3:30 Introduce PA4, brainstorm on ideas for personal games
- 3:30-3:45 Discuss homework for tomorrow
- 3:45-4:00 Standups on Incubator Projects ...