The goal of this programming assignment is to have you write, from scratch, a simple Android game following the Model/View/Controller pattern. This will be something you can demo and discuss in a job interview if you want to work in this area.
We will spend 30 minutes brainstorming different ideas and when you come up with an idea you should write a blog post with the title "My PA4 Game"
Your program must:
- have an initial "welcome" screen with a "play" button
- have a GameActivity screen where the game is played
- have a win/lose/retry activity that is generated when the game or level ends
- accept user touchscreen input and do something interesting
- have an underlying model that is fairly simple but not trivial (you can create a more sophisticated model later, but for this assignment keep it relatively simple!)
- have a view that does nothing but update the model and draw the view based on what is on the model. It carries no internal state itself.
- have a controller that processes all input from the user and all model-generated events that might change the user interaction (e.g. completing a level!)
- be localized to work with two languages, one of which is English. Read http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/localization.html to learn how to do this (it's easy!)
- be customized to work on two different devices (the phone and the xoom). The layouts should be slightly different on each device. Read http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html to see how to do this (also pretty easy!)