Since July 2007 I am a researcher at Vicomtech-IK4 mainly focused in computer vision applications. Formerly I was a student researcher (July 2004 - July 2007) at the department of Applied Mechanics at Ceit working in augmented reality applications.
- My research interests are Computer Vision and its combination with Computer Graphics (Augmented Reality).
- I am also interested in applications of computer vision for Visual Effects (3D Tracking and reconstruction, structure from motion, camera projection, plane tracking, projective geometry,...).
- Real-Time computation in GPU (CUDA,OpenCL), GLSL shaders.
Here you can see some demos of the Computer Vision research done at Vicomtech-IK4
- Adaptive Multi-Cue Background Subtraction for Robust Vehicle Counting and Classification, L. Unzueta, M. Nieto, A. Cortés, J. Barandiaran, O. Otaegui, P. Sánchez, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 06/2012; 13(2):527 - 540.
- Real-time 3D Modeling of Vehicles in Low-cost Monocamera Systems, M. Nieto, L. Unzueta, A. Cortés, J. Barandiarán, O. Otaegui, P. Sánchez, VISAPP 2011 - Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications, Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, 5-7 March, 2011; 01/2011.
- Face Reconstruction with Structured Light, J. Congote, I. Barandiarán, J. Barandiarán, M. Nieto, O. E. Ruiz, VISAPP 2011 - Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications, Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, 5-7 March, 2011; 01/2011.
- Real-Time People Counting Using Multiple Lines, J. Barandiaran, B. Murguia, F. Boto, 9th International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services (WIAMIS 2008) pp. 159-162. Klagenfurt, Austria. May 7-9, 2008. pdf
- Edge-Based Markerless 3D Tracking of Rigid Objects, J. Barandiaran, D. Borro, 17th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2007), pp. 282-283. Esbjerg, Denmark. November 28-30, 2007. pdf
- Mobile Augmented Reality for Providing Guide in Maintenance Tasks, J. Barandiaran, D. Borro, X. Basogain, J.L. Izkara, Poster Contribution of the Laval Virtual, 9th International Conferenceon Virtual Reality 2007 (VRIC 2007). Laval, France. April 18-22, 2007.
- OpenCV POSIT 3D pose estimation ( 2006 ) OpenCV wiki