EJB 3.0 Specification Final Release
This specification defines the new simplified EJB API targeted at ease of development. It also includes the new Java Persistence API for the management of persistence and object/relational mapping with Java EE and Java SE.
- EJB Technical Articles and Tips Home at Sun
The Contents of an Enterprise Bean:
- Developing Web Services Using EJB 3.0(Mar 2006)
"A stateless session bean can implement a web service, but other types of enterprise beans cannot."
BOOK- Java Transaction Design Strategies
Characteristics of Message-driven beans :
A remote client of an enterprise bean:
A local client of an enterprise bean:
Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) technology is the server-side component architecture for Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE). EJB technology enables rapid and simplified development of distributed, transactional, secure and portable applications based on Java technology.
Spring, EJB3 and JPA
Life Cycle of Stateless Session Bean
- Mike Keith on EJB 3 (Feb 14, 2007 from InfoQ)
- Gavin King on Seam (August 28, 2006 from TheServerSide)
- Mike Keith on the EJB3 Persistence API (July 24, 2006 from TheServerSide)
- Advanced EJB3 Persistence talk by Linda Demichiel and Mike Keith
- Hibernate3 and EJB3 by Gavin King (TheServerSide, 2006)
Life Cycle of Stateful Session Bean
- EJB 3 Glossary (infoQ)
Life Cycle of Message-Driven Bean