Here are some things that are going on around town for anyone who wants to broaden their horizons beyond geekdom. Feel free to edit this list and add more events as you discover them:
- Open Yoga classes take place regularly at Yoga for the Peaceful on Elk Avenue (right next to Ryce restaurant). The schedule of classes is here (you can generally just show up). I especially like the 10$ "Yoga for Everyone" classes that take place every weekday at noon.
- Monday night March 26 from 8-10 at the Center for the Arts you can go dance with the local Ecstatic Dance group (they don't specifically practice 5Rhythms but that's in line with what they do). This is open to participation from everyone. This Monday the music will be live and improvisational.
- Tuesday evening March 27 from 5:30-7:30 pm, there's an art opening at the Piper Gallery (located within the Center for the Arts).
- Wednesday March 28 is the African Drum and Dance Workshop at the Center for the Arts. On Thursday March 29 the same group will be presenting a show.
- Thursday March 29 is Artwalk Evening when all the local artists have their shops open from 5pm-8pm with wine and snacks.
- Thursdays at the LoBar is Karaoke night, starting at around 10:30.
- Friday March 30 the local public radio station KBUT is holding their annual Soul Train dance. People get dressed up all funky-like; it's quite a display. At Butte 66 on the mountain.
Here are some events calendars:
- You need to check the location of events in this one, because it also includes events in Gunnison.
- This is also a combined Gunnison & Crested Butte calendar.
- The Crested Butte News site.
- KBUT (our public radio station).