Department of Economics
I will be joining the Department of Economics at the University of Pittsburgh in the fall.
Ives Hall B30
Email: jbc266 [at] cornell [dot] edu
- "Task-Specific Experience and Task-Specific Talent: Decomposing the Productivity of High School Teachers" with Richard Mansfield. Journal of Public Economics, 140, August 2016: 51-72. Link to paper. (with subscription)
- "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Interval Censored Regression Models." with James McDonald. Computational Economics, 42(1), 2013: 119-131. Link to paper. (with subscription)
- "Segregation, Student Achievement, and Postsecondary Attainment: Evidence from the Introduction of Race-Blind Magnet School Lotteries" (Job Market Paper) Link to most recent draft.
- "The Effect of Charter Competition on Unionized District Revenues and Resource Allocation" (Revisions Requested at Journal of Public Economics)
Works in Progress:
- "How Proximity to Authorized Food Retailers Impacts SNAP Usage: Testing the Prevalence of Food Deserts in the United States using Administrative SNAP Records" with Amy O'Hara
- "The Effect of SNAP Generosity on Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from Administrative SNAP Records" with Amy O'Hara and Jeffrey Swigert
- "How Low-Income Families Respond to an Anticipated Reduction in Income: Evidence from Danish Børnecheck" with Vibeke Jensen
- "Is There Still Son Preference in the United States?" with Francine D. Blau, Lawrence M. Kahn, Peter Brummund, and Miriam Larson-Koester
- "The Availability of School Resources, District Expenditures, and Student Performance" with Corbin Miller
- "The Role of Fiscal Impacts in the Public School Response to Charter Competition" with Gary Cohen