Time: 15 minutes prep + 1 hour to bake
Yield: 2 loaves
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
1 C vegetable oil
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. In a stand mixer, or large mixing bowl place the eggs, oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
4. Mix just until combined. Don't over mix, okay?
5. Shred your zucchini up. I like to leave the peel on because I kind of like little green flakes. And because I'm kind of strange. If you would like to peel your zucchini before you add it to the mixer...please feel free.
Add your zucchini and mix just until combined.
7. Place a loaf pan on top of some parchment paper. Trace the bottom of the pan onto the paper, fold it over and cut two pieces from the pattern you have drawn.
8. Put the paper in the bottom of your pans and spray both the paper and the sides with cooking spray. Cooking Spray with Flour works best.
9. Pour the batter evenly into the two loaves.
10. Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
11. Remove the pans from the oven. Let the bread rest for about 15 minutes in the pan.
12. Carefully invert the pan onto a cooling rack and let the bread continue to cool....or eat it warm from the oven. :) It's great either way!