Time: 20 minutes + 30 minutes to set up
Yield: about 12 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2 bags microwave popcorn
2 12 oz packages white chocolate chips
1 T shortening
1 C m and m's
1 C peanuts (I used honey roasted)
1. Pop you popcorn according to package directions.
2. Put your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat it for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat until it is all melted. Don't get it too hot! If you don't heat it slowly....it can burn. Oh, that would be one sad day. Burned white chocolate. What a shame.
3. Add the shortening to your melted chocolate. Stir until melted.
4. Place your pop corn in two large bowls. It's easier to get all of the goodies incorporated if you use two bowls instead of one.
5. Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn. Stir it all around to incorporate.
6. Add the m and m's and the peanuts and stir so they get all stuck in the white chocolate as well.
7. Lay the chocolate covered popcorn on two large cookie sheets that are lined with wax paper.
8. After the chocolate has set (about 30 minutes) break it into chucks and eat it up!
Or, bag some up and give it to a friend!