Time: 45 minutes + time to cool and frost
Yield: 1 jelly roll pan full
Recipe from the beautiful Mary Ehrhart
1 C softened butter
1/2 C sugar
2 C flour
1/4 C cornstarch
2 1/2 C brown sugar
2 t vanilla
4 T flour
1/2 t baking powder
2 C chopped walnuts
1 C coconut
1 C butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
dash of salt
1. Beat the butter and sugar together until well blended.
2. Add the flour and cornstarch and mix until blended.
3. Press the crust into a large jelly roll pan. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes.
1. Beat the eggs and brown sugar together.
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking powder.
3. Add the dry mixture to the sugar mixture and beat until combined.
4. Stir in the chopped nuts and coconut.
5. After the crust has cooked for the 15 minutes, take it out of the oven and pour/spread the filling on top.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the heat up to 350 degrees and bake another 5 minutes. You want it to be golden in color along the top. Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese together until well combined.
2. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and dash of salt. Beat until it is nice and smooth...and creamy....and wonderful.
3. Spread over the top of the cooled bars.
***NOTE: These freeze well left right in the pan. Just cover securely with tin foil and you will be set!***