Time: 20 minutes
1 C coconut
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread 1 C sweetened coconut onto a large baking sheet. Pop it into the oven and allow it to get nice and toasted. Should only take about 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn. Be careful when you open the oven door. Coconut lets off a fume when it gets toasted that smells like heaven, but will burn your eyes if you aren't careful. Just open the oven door and let the fumes exit the oven before you stick your head down to have a look. :)
3. Place 1/3 C unpopped popcorn into a popcorn popper. And let it pop, baby. You will need 6 cups popped popcorn total.
4. Into a medium sized sauce pan place 1/2 C butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1/4 C corn syrup and 1/2 tsp salt.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes, without stirring.
6. Remove the caramel from the oven and add 1/2 tsp baking soda. It will foam up a bit for you, that's normal.
7. Add 2 tsp coconut extract and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
8. Give it a nice stir and pour over the top of the popped corn.
9. Add the toasted coconut and stir to combine.
10. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or spray it with cooking spray). Spread the popcorn onto the sheet and allow it to cool.
11. Break it into small chunks and enjoy!