Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe from Cindi Schut
1 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1 garlic clove
1/2 pound ground beef
1 15 oz can pinto beans
1 15 oz can light red kidney beans
1 15 oz can dark red kidney beans
1 14 oz can Mexican flavored stewed tomatoes
1 6 oz can tomato paste
3/4 t chili powder
1 T brown sugar
2 t beef bullion
salt and pepper
1. Put your ground beef in a hot skillet and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Let it get nice and browned.
2. While your meat is cooking chop up your veggies.
3. Take your can of Stewed Tomatoes and give them a little chop. Don't try and pour them out onto a cutting board. That kind of mess will urge you to use swear words you never knew you wanted to say. Just stick a handy pair of kitchen scissors into the can and snip away.
4. Grab a large soup pot. Open up your can of beans, but don't drain them. You want those juices. Add the beans and all of the other ingredients to your soup pot. Stir it all around to incorporate all the goods.
5. Let the chili simmer for 30 minutes. Give it a little taste and add more salt and pepper if you would like. Enjoy!