Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com
1 pound bacon, uncooked
1/2 (12 ounce) package bowtie pasta
2 C pecans, chopped
3 C broccoli, chopped
3 C red grapes
1/4 C red onion, chopped
1 C mayonnaise (I use Best Foods Light)
1/2 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C sugar
1 t salt
2 T bacon grease
1. Cook up your bacon. I like to line a large cookie sheet with tin foil, cut the bacon slices in half and then lay them all over the sheet. Then I bake the bacon in the oven a 425 degrees until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan onto a clean plate. Dab the bacon with paper towels to remove the grease, then set it aside.
2. Tilt your bacon pan a bit to the side and measure out 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Place it in a small bowl to use for the dressing.
3. Boil yourself some water and cook half of a package of bowtie pasta noodles. Once the noodles are cooked strain them into your sink and run cold water over them until they cool down.
4. Roughly chop 2 cups of pecans. Toss them into a large skillet and sprinkle a bit of salt over the top. Toast them over medium high heat until they change color and start to smell nice and fragrant. Should only take 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the stems from your broccoli and chop it up into small pieces, you need about 3 cups chopped broccoli. Toss it into a large bowl.
6. Add about 3 cups of red grapes and a 1/4 cup of chopped red onion.
7. Crumble up your bacon and add it to the bowl.
8. Toss in your toasted pecans and the pasta. Give everything a nice stir.
9. Into a small mixing bowl, place 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Whisk them all together to combine.
10. Pour the dressing over the top of the salad, stir it with a big wooden spoon making sure all of the salad ingredients get coated in the dressing.
Serve and Enjoy!