Time: 15 minutes + 10 minutes to set up
Yield: 4 quarts
Recipe from MyDearMother
1/2 C popcorn, unpopped
1 C sugar
2 T butter
1/2 t vanilla
3 T water
1/2 t food coloring (use Wilton or Americolor Food Coloring Gels for the brightest colors)
1. Pop your popcorn into a LARGE bowl and salt it just a bit. Set it aside while you make your sugar sauce.
2. Pour the sugar into a medium sized sauce pan. Add your butter, vanilla, water and food coloring.
3. Stir it over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Cook it for 1 minute at a nice rolling boil and then remove it from the heat.
4. Pour the sugary sauce over your popcorn. Cover your bowl securely and then shake it baby.
Shake that bowl upside down and right side up and all over the town until the sugar sauce makes its way to all of your popcorn.
5. Let the popcorn sit for 10 minutes to set up and then serve.