Time: 15 minutes hands on + 20 minutes baking
Yield: approximately 17 muffins
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction
***NOTE:These muffins are wonderful warm from the oven, but taste even better the second day. They are a great Make-Ahead recipe.***
2 1/2 C flour
3/4 C sugar
2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t slat
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 C buttermilk
2/3 C canola oil
1 t vanilla
2 C fresh strawberries, chopped
1 C powdered sugar
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 T milk
1. Into a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Scrape the zest off your lovely lemon and add it to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
3. Hull and chop your strawberries and add them to the dry ingredients, tossing to coat.
4. Juice your lemon. Pour the juice into a medium sized bowl with the egg, buttermilk, oil and lemon. Whisk it all around to incorporate.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
6. Stir just until combined.
7. Line your muffin with paper holders then spray the insides with cooking spray.
8. Spoon the batter into the pans. These muffins don't rise up a lot, so don't be afraid to fill them almost full.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let the muffins sit in the pan for a few minutes....try not to devour them before you add the glaze. :)
Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling. While they are still warm whisk together all glaze ingredients and then spoon the lovely glaze over the
top of the muffins.