Time: 2 hours to bake and cool the cake + 30 minutes prep and assemble + 1 hour chilling time
Yield: 15 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 box French Vanilla Cake Mix (from my soon to be friend Betty)
ingredients to make the cake
2 C heavy whipping cream
1/4 C sugar
1 t vanilla
2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 12oz package white chocolate chips
1 C powdered sugar
1 box strawberry Danish Dessert
2 pounds fresh strawberries
1. Bake your cake according to the package directions. Let it cool completely and then chop it all up with the back of a spatula.
2. Make your Danish Dessert according to package directions and set aside to cool.
3. Slice up your strawberries.
4. Whip your heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Set it aside.
5. While your cream is whipping, melt your white chocolate in the microwave. Only heat it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating period. Set it aside to cool.
6. In your Kitchen Aid, or with hand held beaters beat the cream cheese until it's nice and smooth looking. Add the white chocolate and beat until combined.
7. Add your whipped cream and mix until combined.
8. Sprinkle half of the cake in the bottom of a large trifle bowl. Layer 1/2 of the strawberries on top of the cake and pour 1/2 of the danish dessert over them. Now you are going to need 1/2 (I know you are suprised that it's 1/2) of the cream mixture...pour it over the danish. Repeat these layers with the other 1/2 of your ingredients. If you want to decorate the top of the trifle with some strawberries, be sure to set some aside.
9. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
***Note*** This dessert can be made a day ahead. Just cover and let it chill out in the fridge. Enjoy!