Time: 20 minutes hands on + 40 minutes freezing time
Yeild: 35 pops
Recipe idea from a dear reader
1 (15.5 ounce) package Golden Oreos
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (12 ounce) package yellow candy melts
1 (12 ounce) package pink candy melts
sucker sticks of various sizes
Little Clay Pots
1. Take one package of Golden Oreos, open it up and toss the cookies into your stand mixer, or into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add a package of cream cheese to the cookies and mix until the cookies are crushed and well combined with the cream cheese.
3. Place the mixture into a freezer safe container, seal it well and pop it into the freezer for about 20 minutes.
4. Once the filling has hardened up in the freezer a bit, scoop it into small balls and put them in a 9x13 pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
5. Roll the balls around in the palm of your hand to make them nice and smooth.
6. Stick a sucker stick into the center of each ball and place the pan back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
7. Take a piece of styrofoam or two
and cover the top of them with parchment paper. This will give you a nice spot to stick the bon bon pops after they have been dipped in the candy coating and need somewhere to be propped up so they candy can set up. Putting the parchment paper over the top of the stirophome will keep it nice and clean so you can use it again.
8. Pour the yellow candy melts into a bowl and heat them in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the candy melts are melted and nice and smooth. Repeat with the Pink Candy Melts.
9. Dip the oreo ball pops into the melted candy coating.
Let some of the coating drip off of the oreo ball and back into the bowl.
10. Stick the bon bon pop into the styrofoam and put a few pretty sprinkles on the top.
11. You can also drizzle the opposite color of candy coating over the top to make them look pretty.
12. Let the bon bon pops set up, should take about 15 minutes.
13. Once they have set up you can lay them flat in a pan and store them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
14. When you are ready to serve these cute little babies you might cut yourself a small piece of styrofoam pop it into a small clay pot
then stick a few bon bon pops into the pot and cover the styrofoam with jelly beans. These would be fun to use as part of your Easter table decor. You could even use them as place cards by writing your guests name on the pot, or on a little card you attach to the pot. Just an idea.
15. For a larger display, cut the styrofoam to fit in a basket and stick the pops into it. Cover the styrofoam with jelly beans and Vwalla! There you have yourself a lovely bon bon pop basket of fun and wonder. :)