Yield: 10 servings
Time: 25 minutes prep + 60 minutes to bake
Recipe from: My Baking Addiction
2 t ground cinnamon
1 C white sugar
2 1/2 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
2 t vanilla
1 C full-fat sour cream at room temperature
1. In a small bowl, combine 1 C sugar and 2 t cinnamon. Mix it together well.
2. Generously grease the inside of your bundt pan with shortening, or spray heavily with Pam Cooking Spray With Added Flour.
3. Gently dust the entire inside of your pan with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Be sure you get inside all the little nooks. You will most likely only use about 1/3 C of the mixture. Set aside the leftovers to use in the middle of the cake.
4. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set the good little mixture aside for later.
5. In a Kitchen Aid mixer or using hand held beaters beat the softened butter on medium speed for 1 minute.
6. Add the white sugar and mix for 3 minutes.
7. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and add the brown sugar. Mix for 2 minutes.
8. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing for a full minute after each one.
9. Stir in the vanilla.
10. Grab your good little dry mixture and add it alternately with the sour cream. When both sour cream and all of the dry mixture are added continue to mix for 2 minutes.
11. Spread 1/2 the batter into your pan. Pour the leftover cinnamon and sugar over the top. Spread the rest of your batter over the top.
12. Bake at 325 degrees for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
13. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.