Time: 30 minutes to chop and cook + 1 hour to simmer
Yield: 10 sandwiches
Recipe created by Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 green pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 T olive oil
Salt and Pepper
3 pound ground beef
1 T Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 C ketchup
1 1/2 C Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
3 T apple cider vinegar
1 t Worcestershire
1 t liquid smoke
3 T brown sugar
1/2 t chili powder
1 T water
1. Chop those veggies right on up.
2. Heat up a large skillet and add 1 T olive oil. Add your veggies and cover with the lid letting a bit of steam escape. Just put your lid on at an angle, folks. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
3. Add your ground beef and 1 T Montreal Steak Seasoning. Grind a bit of salt and pepper over the top. Chop your beef all up with a spatula and let it brown.
4. Once your meat is browned add all the other ingredients to the pan. Stir them around to get it all mixed together. Let the hearty, beefy, slightly tangy, somewhat sweet and super flavorful mixture simmer on medium low for 1 hour. Those juices need time to get to know each other!
5. Serve on rolls or hamburger buns.