Time: 30 minutes on the stove top or 4 1/2 hours in the crock pot
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
4 chicken breasts
4 chicken thighs
2 C water
3 t chicken bullion granules (or three chicken bullion cubes)
1 1/2 t smoked paprika
1 1/2 t cumin
1 1/2 t granulated garlic
pinch Cayenne pepper (more if you like a lot of heat)
1 T butter
1/2 t lime juice (bottled is fine)
Tortillas, cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, tomato, shredded lettuce, avocado, cilantro...what ever you like. :)
1. Pour yourself 2 cups of warm water. Add 3 teaspoons chicken bullion granules to the water.
2. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin and 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic. Give it a nice stir combine.
3. Place the chicken in a large skillet, or in your crock pot. Pour the liquid over the top. If you are using a crock pot, turn it on to high and let it cook for 4 hours.
4. If you are using a skillet turn the heat to high and bring it to a boil. Cover the pan with the lid set at an angle so that some of the steam can escape. Turn the heat to medium low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. When the chicken has cooked through remove it from the skillet, or crock pot and shred it with a couple of forks.
6. Toss it back into the skillet and let it simmer for about 10 more minutes. If you are using a crock pot put the chicken back in and let it cook for 1/2 and hour more.
7. Drain the juices from the pan or crock pot and stir in 1 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice. Let the butter melt and be sure it is well incorporated.
Serve in tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese and avocado. It also works well as a chicken taco salad.