Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 3/4 C rice
1/4 C carrots, finely chopped
1/4 C celery, finely chopped
4 T butter
4 1/4 C broth
salt and pepper
1 t dried parsley
1/4 C sliced almonds
1. Chop your carrot and celery.
2. Drop 2 T of the butter into a large, hot skillet.
3. When the butter has melted add the vegetables and the rice to the hot pan.
4. Stir it together to combine. Let the rice and veggies cook in the melted butter...
until some of the rice turns golden brown.
5. Add the broth and a bit of salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
6. When the rice is cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Add 2 T butter the sliced almonds and the parsley flakes. Stir to combine and taste the concoction. Add a bit more salt and pepper if needed.