Time: 1 1/2 hours
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2 white cake mixes
1 C butter, melted
2 T water
1 small package blueberry jello
1 small package raspberry jello
1/2 t red food coloring gel
1/2 t blue food coloring gel
2 T butter, softened
4 C powdered sugar
6 T milk
dash of salt
1 t vanilla
3/4 C white chocolate chips
1 t shortening
red sprinkles (optional)
1. Here are your ingredients in all their glory! To make the red dough combine one of the cake mixes with 1/2 C melted butter, 1 egg, 1 T water, raspberry jello and the red food coloring. Mix until everything is well combined and you have the color you like. You can add a bit more food coloring gel if needed.
2. Make the blue dough by following the directions in step 1...just add the blueberry jello and blue food coloring this time.
3. Roll them into 1 1/2 inch balls and place them on a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes at 350 degrees (6 minutes at 330 for convection ovens) Watch them closely. I like to take mine out when the cookies have cracks running along the outside, then let them finish cooking on the hot sheet for about 3 minutes.
1. Put all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes, or until the frosting is the desired consistency. (add a bit more powdered sugar if it's too thin. Add a bit more milk if it's too thick)
2. Frost the underside of each blue cookie, then add a red cookie to it!
1. Melt your chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave. Only heat it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. Don't let the chocolate get too hot!
2. Add the shortening and stir it around a bit until it melts into the chocolate.
3. Place the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag. Carefully cut a little hole in the tip of the bag. Decorate as desired and sprinkle with the red sprinkles. If you are using the sprinkles be sure to use them before the chocolate sets up on the cookies.
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com