Time: 10 minutes prep + 10 minutes baking
Yield: 12 biscuits
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
1 3/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking powder
pinch granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
1 t dried parsley
5 T cold butter
1 C milk
1 C cheddar cheese, shredded
3 T butter, melted
1/8 t granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
1. Get your self a large bowl. Toss the flour, salt, baking powder, pinch of garlic and parsley together to mix.
2. Cut your cold butter into chunks.
3.Add the butter chunks to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender cut the butter into the mixture.
Keep mixing until it looks like coarse crumbs. Should only take a couple of minutes.
4. Make a well in the bowl. Pour your milk right on into that well. Using a wooden spoon and mix the ingredients together. Don't over mix here. You should stop mixing just before everything is incorporated.
5. Toss your shredded cheddar into the bowl and stir just until incorporated.
6. Spoon the dough onto a large cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy along the tops and bottoms.
8. To your 3 T melted butter add 1/8 t of garlic.
9. Brush the hot biscuits with the garlic butter and serve. They are best served warm from the oven.