Yield: 1 Cup
Time: 10 minutes + at least 3 hours to chill
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C honey
1 egg yolk
1/4 t vanilla
1/2 C frozen raspberries
It is EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT that you start with soft butter. If you don't you are going to be dealing with little clumps of butter, never to be evenly incorporated with the honey... as long as they both shall live.
1. In a small mixing bowl (or in your stand mixer, with the paddle attachment) beat the butter for 1 minute.
2. Pour the honey into the butter just a bit at a time, while the mixer is going.
3. Add the egg yolk, vanilla and dash of salt and beat for 1 minute.
4. Add the frozen raspberries and beat until the butter is a nice pink color.
5. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Overnight is even better!