Time: 40 minutes hands on + 4 hours to chill
Yield: One 9x13 pan
Recipe adapted from Bless Your Heart
2 1/2 C pretzels
3/4 C butter, melted
3 T sugar
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 C sugar
1 8 oz container cool whip
1 6 oz package raspberry jello
2 C boiling water
3 C frozen raspberries
1. Throw those pretzels in a small food processor and grind them into coarse crumbs.
2. Add your melted butter and 3 T sugar. Mix until combined.
3. Press the pretzel mixture into a 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 13 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
4. In your stand mixer, or in a medium sized mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add your sugar and mix for about 4 minutes.
5. Add the cool whip and mix for one minute, or until everything is well combined.
6. Heat your water up in the microwave until it is boiling. Add the jello and stir until it is all nice and dissolved.
7. Pour in your raspberries and stir to combine. Place the bowl in your fridge until the mixture has thickened up a bit. (Like syrup, at least. If it has set up more that that...no worries. The recipe will still be wonderful.)
8. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crust.
9. Pour the beautiful raspberry jello on top, cover and chill for at least 4 hours.