Time: 60 minutes
Yield: about 30 cookies
Sugar Cookie Recipe from Bake at 350
3 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 C sugar
1 C cold butter
3/4 t vanilla
1/2 t almond extract
1/8 t salt
Wilton Icing Colors
1. Throw your butter and sugar into your stand mixer or into a large mixing bowl. Cream it all together for about 3 minutes.
2. Add your egg, vanilla and almond extract. Beat for 2 more minutes.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Add it to your creamed mixture and mix until the ingredients are combined. The dough will be a bit crumbly. Separate the dough into four pieces and press each piece into a large ball.
4. Choose your Wilton Colors! To add the coloring to your dough, take a butter knife and scoop out about 3/4 t of coloring. Press the coloring into the dough. You will need to knead the coloring into the dough with your hands. I like to cover my hands with plastic baggies for this kneading process.
5. After you have the color added to each piece of dough cut each color into small 1 inch chunks. Then play away!
6. Shape the dough however you would like. Place on a cookie sheet spayed with cooking spray and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.