Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 main course servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1/3 C Mayonnaise (I used Best Foods Light)
1/4 C mandarin orange juice
2 T soy sauce
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 t ginger
2 T sugar
1 t honey mustard
3 C spinach
2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
1 pint grape tomatoes
2 green onions, chopped
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
2 mini sweet peppers
1 C cooked Quinoa (Tutorial HERE)
1 C Chinese noodles
3/4 C feta cheese
1. Toss all dressing ingredients in a small food processor, blender or immersion blender cup. Blend the ingredients all together until nice and smooth.
2. Chop 3 cups of spinach into small pieces. Divide the spinach into fourths
and lay each fourth onto its own lovely plate.
3. Arrange some mandarin oranges over the top of the spinach followed by some beautiful juicy grape tomatoes.
4. Drain the can of water chestnuts and add some to each plate.
5. Chop some sweet orange or red peppers and place those babies in your salad.
6. Dish about 1/4-1/3 cup quinoa onto each plate. Top it with some crunchy Chinese noodles and a good sprinkling of feta cheese.
7. Pour some dressing over the top and a healthy, fresh, light and delightful plate of wonder is born.