Time: 40 minutes + time to cool and frost
Yield: 1 9x13 cake or 24 cupcakes
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 Spice Cake mix
1 16 oz can pumpkin
1 C water
1/3 C canola oil
3/4 C chocolate chips (milk or semi sweet...what ever suits your fancy)
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
4 T butter, softened
1 t vanilla
3-4 C powdered sugar
a bit of milk as needed
1. Combine all cake ingredients, but the chocolate chips in a large bowl or in your stand mixer. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
2. Fold in your chocolate chips.
3. Pour into a sprayed 9x13 pan, or into 24 muffins tins for cupcakes.
4. FOR CAKE: Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Stick a toothpick into the center of the cake to be sure it is done. If it comes out clean you are good to go!
FOR CUPCAKES: Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
5. Let the confection cool completely.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1. Combine all ingredients and beat well with hand held beaters or your stand mixer. If the frosting is too dry add a bit of milk. If it's too runny add more powdered sugar.
2. To decorate these cupcakes, I simply put the frosting in a Ziploc bag and snipped the corner. Instant decorating bag! Have fun!