Time: 15 min. prep + 6 hours cooking
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 3 lb pork loin roast
1 T olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 T minced garlic
¼ C soy sauce
¼ C Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
½ C water
½ C brown sugar
4 large Russet potatoes peeled and chopped
6 large carrots peeled and chopped
1 large onion chopped
Juices from the crock pot
2 envelopes pork gravy mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
¼ C milk
¼ C water
1. In a medium sized skillet heat the oil. Add the pork loin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let the meat get nice and seared, then turn it over and sear on the other side.
2. In the bottom of a large crock pot mix together the garlic, soy sauce, Balsamic Vinaigrette, ½ C water and brown sugar.
3. Place the seared meat in the crock pot, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
4. Turn your Crock pot up to high, place the vegetable over the top of the meat and cook for 2 more hours.
5. To make the gravy carefully pour the juices from your crock pot into a medium sized sauce pan. Add the gravy packets, mushroom soup, ¼ C milk and ¼ water. Mix all ingredients together well and bring to a boil.
6. If the gravy is too thick add a bit more milk.
7. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with vegetables and gravy.