Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Adapted from Good Things Utah
3-4 cloves garlic chopped (leave them kind of chunky)
1 T olive oil
1 carton grape tomatoes (or a whole slew of little tomatoes from your garden, the more the better)
7-8 large handfuls spinach
1 16oz box penne pasta
3/4 C Parmesan cheese
salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1. Cook the pasta
2. While it is cooking heat up a large, deep skillet. Add olive oil, garlic and tomatoes. Let the garlic get nice and golden. The tomatoes should start to crack open and simmer just a bit.
3. Add the cooked pasta and spinach.
4. Stir the spinach just until it starts to wilt. I actually use a big set of salad tongs. You don't want the spinach to get cooked all the way through.
5. Add the juice from the lemon, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese.
6. Stir it in, and let the cheese melt just a bit, and you are ready to serve!