Time: 1 hour
Yield: 48-60 cups or 1 large jelly roll pan full
Recipe adapted from Claudia Halterman
1/2 package graham crackers, rolled fine
1 lb powdered sugar
2 sticks butter, melted
2 C peanut butter
3 bags milk chocolate chips
1 t shortening
3 T peanut butter for decoration
small cups (optional)
mini muffin tins
1. Crush up the graham crackers. I use a mini food processor. These are so great and can be purchased for under $10 at Wal Mart.
2. Place the butter in a medium sized mixing bowl and melt the butter in the microwave.
3. Add the peanut butter, graham crackers, and powdered sugar to the butter. Using a wooden spoon, stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. In a glass measuring cup melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each cooking interval. When the chocolate is almost melted, let it sit for about 1 minutes. The heat from the chocolate will melt the remaining chips.
5. Stir the shortening into the melted chocolate.
6. Put the cups in the mini muffin tins.
7. Place about a teaspoon of chocolate in the bottom of each cup.
8. Roll the peanut butter mixture into balls and place on top of the chocolate.
9. Add another teaspoon or so of chocolate on top of the peanut butter ball and smooth it out with a butter knife.
10. Melt 3 T of peanut butter in the microwave and then drizzle it over the top of the cups.
11. Slide them into the refrigerator to let them set.
12. When I am in a hurry....or quite frankly, just out of patience I press the peanut butter mixture into a pan and spread the chocolate on top. Throw it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set up and you are good to go! This makes for a quick DELICOUS treat.