Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
5 Talapia fillets
3/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 T water
3/4 C Italian bread crumbs
4 T olive oil
1. Cut your Talapia fillets in half with a pair of kitchen scissors.
2. Combine the flour and the salt in a 9x9 baking dish. Dredge the fish in the flour. Place them on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This really helps the flour stick to the fish.
3. Beat the egg with the water until nice and frothy. Put it in a shallow baking dish.
4. Dredge the pieces of fish in the egg and then the Italian bread crumbs.
5. Heat a large skillet up and add your olive oil. When the oil is nice and hot add your fish. Over medium high heat, let it get all nice and golden brown on one side and then turn them over. If you don't have enough oil in the bottom of the pan, they won't get that nice golden color. Add a little bit more oil to the pan when you turn the fish over if you need to.
6. After you turn the fish over, turn the heat down to medium and put the lid on. This will trap the heat in, and allow the inside of the fish to cook. It should only take about 5-8 minutes for this to happen.
7. When the fish is browned on both sides and flakes easily with a fork it is done. Don't over cook. Fish can tend to get rubbery and dry really quickly. That doesn't sound great, does it?