Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: about 70 cookies
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C butter softened
1 C shortening
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C white sugar
2 t vanilla
1 t water
3 C flour
2 t baking soda
2 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t cinnamon
4 C oatmeal (quick cooking or regular)
4 C chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi sweet, I like the milk)
1. Cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar. Cream the mixture well, now! I would get to creaming this buttery bliss for about 4 minutes.
2. Add your vanilla and water and mix just until combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (all but the chocolate chips) together with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and stir to incorporate. Add your chocolate chips, give them a stir to incorporate and you are good to go.
5. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
6. Bake at about 350 degrees for 8 minutes. (For convection ovens bake at 325 for 6 1/2 minutes). Don't over bake my friends! When your cookies have cracks down the middle, take them out and let them finish cooking on the pan for about 3-5 minutes.