Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 48 cookies
Recipe adapted from Quaker Oatmeal
1 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 t vanilla
2 C flour
1 t salt
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
3 C oatmeal (quick cooking variety is best)
1 11 oz butterscotch chips
1 C raisins
1. Toss your butter, sugar and brown sugar into your stand mixer or into a large mixing bowl. Cream together for at least 3 minutes.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and cream for another 3 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir it up to combine. Toss your oatmeal in and stir it around to incorporate.
4. Add the dry ingredients to your creamed mixture. Mix until combined, about 1 minute.
5. Toss in your butterscotch chips and your raisins. Mix just until combined.
6. Roll the dough into balls and place them on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE! In fact....these babies are just perfect if you take them out of the oven just after the cookies
begin to crack. Let them rest and cool for several minutes on the hot cookie sheet. Remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.