Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 96 cookies
Recipe adapted from the lovely Maria Toponce
***PLEASE NOTE: This recipe makes a grundle of cookies. 96 to be exact. Perfect to take to a pot luck, or large family gathering. If you only want 48 cookies, feel free to half the recipe. :)***
2 C brown sugar
2 C white sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp light corn syrup
4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C butter, softened
3 C peanut butter (I used chunky)
8 C quick cooking oatmeal
2 (14 ounce) packages m and m's
1. Crack 6 eggs into your stand mixer or LARGE mixing bowl. Add 2 cups brown sugar, 2 cups white sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup, and 1 cup butter. Mix it all together until well combined. About 2 minutes or so.
2. Add 3 cups of peanut butter and 8 cups of oatmeal. You want the quick cooking or instant variety. Not steel cut oats, not old-fashioned oats. Quick cooking oats are cut smaller than old fashioned oats, which makes a difference in this recipe. Thanks you for your attention.
4. Sprinkle 4 teaspoons of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the top of the oatmeal. Mix to combine, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure all ingredients are getting their fair share of mixing.
5. Find your self 2 (14 ounce) bags of regular m and m's. Toss them into the mixer and mix just until combined. Be sure not to over mix here. You don't want all the m and m's to get chopped up.
6. Spoon the dough onto large cookie sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake each sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. You want to be sure they don't over bake. Take them out of the oven when they are just the slightest bit golden brown along the tops and let them rest on the hot pan for a couple of minutes to finish cooking.
Serve and enjoy!