Time:30 minutes plus time to cool and frost
Yield: 28 cupcakes
Cupcake Recipe from the very lovely Cindi Schut
Frosting Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 devils food cake mix
1/3 C flour
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1/3 C sour cream
1 1/2 C water
1 t vanilla
1/3 C oil
1 C mini chocolate chips
1 8 oz packaged cream cheese, softened
4 T butter, softened
5 C powdered sugar
2-3 T milk
1 t mint extract
green food coloring
mini chocolate chips for decoration
1. In a mixing bowl, or your stand mixer combine the cake mix, flour, and pudding mix. Stir it all around with a spoon or your mixer paddle.
2. Add the sour cream, water, vanilla, eggs and oil. Mix it on low for 1 minute. Be sure you scrape the bottom of the bowl to get all the dry ingredients incorporated. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
3. Add your mini chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
4. Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners. Fill each liner 2/3 of the way full.
5. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until the center of the cupcakes are nice and cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven and let them sit in the pans for about 5 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack and cool completely. Completely, now. If you frost them too soon you will have a runny green mess on your hands. No one likes a runny green mess....even when it's St. Patrick's day!
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Add 3 cups of the powdered sugar and 2 T of milk and continue to mix.
3. Add the mint extract and dash of salt.
4. Continue to add the powdered sugar and milk until you have the consistency you want. More powdered sugar will make it thicker, milk will thin it out.
5. Once you have the consistency you want, add your food coloring and beat it on medium speed for about 3 minutes. This will give you a nice glossy frosting. Lovely!
6. Spoon your frosting into a cake decorating bag with a large (1M) star tip. (These can be found at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, or most craft stores.) Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Decorate with mini chocolate chips.