Yield: 12 servings
Time: 45 minutes prep + 1 hour chill
Recipe from Tammy Weaver
5 C cooked rice
2-3 t salt
2 cans black beans
1 can corn
1 bunch green onions chopped
2 C shredded chicken
1/2 C chopped tomatoes
1/4 C lime juice
2 T vinegar
2 T packed brown sugar
2/3 C oil
4 pickled jalapenos (CAREFULL HERE, only use 2 if you don't like a lot of heat)
2 t chili powder
1 t cumin
1. Cook up your rice and set aside to cool a bit before adding to the other ingredients.
2. Cook and shred your chicken. I like to place 2 chicken breasts in a deep skillet and cover them with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a rolling simmer and let the chicken cook for about 15 minutes or until it can be shredded with a fork.
3. Set the shredded chicken aside to cool as well.
4. Put all dressing ingredients in a blender and give the girl a whirl.
5. Add all salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and mix well with a wooden spoon.
6. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.