Time: 20 minutes hands on + 15 minutes baking + time to cool and frost
Yeild: 1 large jelly roll pan full, cut as small or large as you likeRecipe from Six Sisters Stuff
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C butter, softened
1 t vanilla
1 C peanut butter (I used chunky)
2 C old fashioned oats
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 1/2 C peanut butter (I used chunky)
1/2 C butter, softened
1/4 C milk
2 t vanilla
3 T cocoa powder
3 C powdered sugar
1. Toss 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of butter into your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl.
2. Cream the ingredients together until light and fluffy, about 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Add 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 cup of peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
4. Into a medium sized mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon of salt. Toss it around to combine.
5. Add 2 cups of old fasioned oats to the dry ingredients. Give it all a nice stir with a wooden spoon
and add it to the creamed mixture, in your mixer. :)
6. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and place the dough onto the sheet.
7. Spray your hands with cooking spray and then press the dough evenly over the pan.
8. Bake the dough at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
9. Let it cool and set up for about 5 minutes. Then find yourself 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter and heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so. This will make it easier to spread.
10. Pour the peanut butter on to the bars and then spread it around evenly. Let the bars cool completely. You may want to stick them in the fridge to help speed up the cooling process.
11. In your stand mixer or medium sized mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder and 3 cups powdered sugar. Beat until glossy and smooth. Spread it over the top of the cooled bars.
Cut, serve and enjoy!